Claire is a patent agent trainee at Millman IP.
Claire is a Registered Patent Agent in China and has been practicing in the intellectual property field for more than 12 years. Claire has served clients across a diverse range of disciplines, including various mechanical devices, control systems for mechanical devices, software processes, business methods, computer hardware, radio frequency identification, Internet-related technologies, data security, data processing, storage and transmission, and Image processing.
Claire obtained her Bachelor of Computer Science in 2002 and Master of Computer Science in 2006, from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, where she was awarded several scholarships. Her graduate thesis focused on IPv6 technology.
Claire has served as a patent examiner in State Intellectual Property Office of China (SIPO), has also served on the Patent Re-examination Board of SIPO for several years, and has participated in intellectual property litigation in district courts. This experience has given Claire a particular expertise for successfully managing patent prosecution matters in China and in North America, particularly for challenging technologies such as software and Internet-related technologies.
• Drafting and prosecution of patent applications
• Patentability, validity and infringement opinions
• Advising clients on matters relating to global IP strategy
• Conducting prior art searches
• Technology and Legal Translation from English to Chinese
• Affiliate Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
• Member, Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG)
Outside of the Office
In her free time, Claire she enjoys reading, cooking, hiking, and playing badminton.