Marco is an associate at Millman IP. He is a registered Canadian patent agent and has over 16 years of experience helping a wide range of start up and early stage to multi-national companies protect their innovations. He has experience obtaining patent protection for a wide range of technologies, including software, telecommunications and computer networks, encryption, systems integration, image processing, medical imaging, business processes, drilling, automotive, transportation solutions, assembly line technologies, and energy.
In the past, Marco has assisted a software company refocus its technology in a new market sector and strategically protect its intellectual property to support that venture. More recently, Marco worked for a leading-edge systems integration solution provider start-up, where he helped grow their IP portfolio and became involved in their SR&ED filings.
Marco obtained an Honours B.Math at the University of Waterloo in 1993.
Marco is also fluent in Italian.
• Drafting and prosecuting patent applications and industrial design applications
• Infringement, freedom-to-operate, and validity analyses
• Prior art searches
• Shaping IP strategies to clients’ needs
• Assisting companies in designing and implementing IP capture programs
• Member, Toronto Intellectual Property Group
• Associate Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada