Heather Boyd has been working in the intellectual property field since 2001. Heather is a registered trademark agent, licensed since 2004 to practice in Canada.
Heather is an active member in the intellectual property community; currently holding the position of Past-Chair of the Membership and Information Committee of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC) and is an active member of the Trademark Legislation and The Anti-Counterfeiting Committees of IPIC. Heather also held the position of Executive Chair of the Ottawa Business Alliance group and helped as the Communications Director of ROAR Canada Inc. She is an active volunteer and IP advisor in many community charities and not-for-profit organizations.
Heather specializes in managing intellectual property portfolios for Canadian and International companies. She understands the unique staffing and fiscal pressures facing companies to obtain efficient and effective intellectual property protection for important company assets. Through the development of national and international asset management processes, Heather ensures both time and costs savings to our clients.
• IP clearance, prosecution & enforcement and developing business relationships and portfolio management.
• Assist with IP development through to enforcement.
• Affiliate Member, Past-Chair Membership and Information Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
• Associate Member, Pharmaceuticals Trademark Group (PTMG)
• Consultant – Intellectual Property Law, Tiger Lily Marketing
Outside of the Office
As a certified sommelier, Heather also volunteers her time at countless galas and events with wine & spirits presentations. She has been on the executive of several Whisky Tasting clubs in Ottawa as well, and competes competitively as a Highland Dancer.