Millman IP provides the following services in relation to industrial designs:
- Drafting and filing of industrial design applications
- Industrial design prosecution in Canada, the United States and worldwide
- Registrability searches
- Infringement / freedom-to-operate / validity analyses
- Portfolio analysis and management
- Preparing licensing agreements
- Competitor monitoring
- Design strategy
Industrial designs are often used to prevent competitors from making precise copies of a product. However, they can be used to secure much broader protection if drafted skillfully.
Millman IP’s professionals have many years of experience in industrial design prosecution, and are familiar with the unique aspects of industrial design law that exist in different jurisdictions. This allows us to use industrial designs as a valuable tool to help protect our clients’ innovations.